Re: central search in subject guides Bothmann, Robert L 31 Mar 2006 12:54 UTC

We are only providing direct access to Central Search in our subject
guides. We are using U of MN's Libdata for subject guides:
http://eresources.lib.mnsu.edu/

The Central Search box on each page searches only those resources found
on the specific subject page that can be searched in Central Search. We
were noting which ones were not searchable in Central Search, but that
was problematic because some thought that meant they couldn't use the
resource, so we've removed that notation.

Since we figure that those who are going to use Central Search are
mainly undergraduates not necessarily interested in the database they
are searching, and only interested in getting something, we figure that
it's not really important.

Each subject page has a link that goes directly to the full Central
Search list.

Bobby Bothmann

Robert Bothmann
Electronic Access/Catalog Librarian