OCLC Connexion for Union List (3 messages) Ann Ercelawn 07 Mar 2006 14:42 UTC

3 messages:

Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 17:20:06 -0600
From: Susan Andrews <Susan_Andrews@tamu-commerce.edu>
Subject: Fwd: Re: Exiting Connexion

This question was asked in the OCLC Union List discussion list.
Below is
the official OCLC reply.

Hope this clarifies things,

Susan

Susan Andrews
Head, Serials Librarian
Texas A&M University-Commerce
P.O. Box 3011
Commerce, TX 75429-3011
Susan_Andrews@tamu-commerce.edu
(903)886-5733
"Your Success Is Our Business"

>Date:         Fri, 24 Feb 2006 15:41:02 -0500
>Sender: Union Listing Discussion <UL-L@OCLC.ORG>
>From: "Myers,Myrtle" <myersm@OCLC.ORG>
>Subject: Re: Exiting Connexion
>To: UL-L@OCLC.ORG
>
>Hi Everyone,
>The active records screen will always show records (both
bibliographic

2)______

Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 17:23:47 -0600
To: "SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum"
<SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU>
From: "Mary J. Foster" <maryjfoster@mail.utexas.edu>
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] OCLC Connexion for Union List

We are currently doing some "retrospective conversion" of shelf list
records, using the Update function and Connexion's web interface.  I
ignore the "active" records and "Log Off Anyway."

It IS nice the records are kept open throughout the duration of the
OCLC/Connexion session, in case you realize you forgot some little
something that you need to go back and do.  It means a complete
re-edit is not required.  (Yes, I speak from experience; just had to
do that this afternoon!)

As far as I can tell, though, there's nothing wrong with the "Log
Off
Anyway" choice when you are closing out your Connexion session.

Hope this helps.

Mary J. Foster
Serials Cataloger
Harry Ransom Center,
University of Texas

3)_______

From: Jeanne Little <jeanne.little@uni.edu>
Subject: RE: OCLC Connexion for Union list
To: "SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum"
<SERIALST@LIST.UVM.edu>

I get this message even when all I do is a search for information,
even when there is nothing to update. It asks me this when I select
the Log off function. Haven't figured out why, when nothing was
done, it tells
me I have an active record. I always log off anyway, because I know
I didn't change anything!

Jeanne Little

Rod Library
Collection Management & Special Services
University of Northern Iowa
Cedar Falls, IA  50613-3675
Jeanne.Little@uni.edu
(319)273-7255