Re: OCLC Connexion for Union List Mary J. Foster 06 Mar 2006 23:23 UTC

We are currently doing some "retrospective conversion" of shelf list
records, using the Update function and Connexion's web interface.  I
ignore the "active" records and "Log Off Anyway."

It IS nice the records are kept open throughout the duration of the
OCLC/Connexion session, in case you realize you forgot some little
something that you need to go back and do.  It means a complete
re-edit is not required.  (Yes, I speak from experience; just had to
do that this afternoon!)

As far as I can tell, though, there's nothing wrong with the "Log Off
Anyway" choice when you are closing out your Connexion session.

Hope this helps.

Mary J. Foster
Serials Cataloger
Harry Ransom Center,