Re: Journal of Cost Management Steven C Shadle 09 Mar 2006 18:26 UTC

OK, according to OCLC records (edited by NSDP):

#25500412
022  1092-8057 |y 0899-5141
245  Journal of cost management
246  |i Vols. for July/Aug. 2003- have title: |a Cost management
780  |t Journal of cost management for the manufacturing industry |x 0899-5141

ISSN 0899-5141 is the ISSN assigned to 'Journal of cost management for the manufacturing industry.'  It appears the publisher continued to print the ISSN for that title after they changed the title to 'Journal of cost management.'  At some point, NSDP was informed of the title change and sent a letter to the publisher informing them of the new ISSN.  As Ann states, under the new title change rules, the change from 'Journal of cost management' to 'Cost management' is not a major change (even though it affects the first word) and a new ISSN/successive record is not assigned.

Let me know if you have any further questions.  Hope this is clear.

Steve Shadle/Serials Access Librarian  *****  shadle@u.washington.edu
University of Washington Libraries      ***     Phone: (206) 685-3983
Seattle, WA 98195-2900                   *        Fax: (206) 543-0854