Re: late issues Christopher Allen Waldrop 31 Mar 2006 16:47 UTC

Kara,
It might be correct that it's a problem with the post office. Our
issues arrive 7-10 days after the date of publication. It sounds
like the arrival date for yours varies a lot more than that. It
might also be a matter of your vendor. Our subscription is with a
vendor who has an office in Paris.

Is it just Le Monde or is this happening with other titles?

--On Wednesday, March 29, 2006 2:06 PM -0800 "Steiniger, Kara"
<steinig@RAND.ORG> wrote:

> Hello,
>   I'm new to serials acquisitions, and am wondering how people
> handle consistently inconsistent arrival times for titles. Our
> issues of Le Monde, for example, arrive anywhere from one to
> three weeks after the publication date.  When we report this to
> our subscription agent, they place a claim, but I'd like to
> address the problem rather than place zillions of claims.  Does
> one go directly to the publisher / distributor for such problems?
> Our sub. agent has suggested that it may be a problem at our post
> office, which sounds unlikely to me.   Thanks,
> --Kara
>

> Kara Steiniger
> Manager, Resource Services
> RAND Library
> (310) 393-0411 ext. 6296
> (310) 451-6920 fax
> Kara_Steiniger@rand.org
> www.rand.org
>

> --------------------
>
> This email message is for the sole use of the intended
> recipient(s) and may contain privileged information. Any
> unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
> prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
> the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original
> message.

Christopher Allen Waldrop
Serials Coordinator
Order Services Department