Re: Microfilm reader-printers Shankle, Jean 03 Apr 2006 13:49 UTC

Elinore and others,

We are also starting to look for a new microform reader.  We don't need
the scanning capability, but we are looking for overall good companies
or machines, ones that will last a long time.  Elinore, we would
appreciate hearing what you find out and anyone else that would have
good ideas.  We haven't had much success yet.

Thank you.
Jean

############################
Miss Jean Shankle
Periodical Librarian
jshankle@pcci.edu
Pensacola Christian College Library
Box 18000
Pensacola, FL 32523

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Elinore Krell
Sent: Saturday, April 01, 2006 4:11 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Microfilm reader-printers

We are a large public library looking into purchasing new microfilm
reader-printers that have scanning capabilities.  Many of our patrons do
genealogical research using the microfilm newspapers we have on file.
We would appreciate any feedback, good or bad, that other libraries have
had with this type of equipment and the companies that handle it.

Thank you,

Elinore Krell
Periodicals Dept.
Enoch Pratt Free Library