Microfilm Reader/printers Weaver, Robert L. S. 04 Apr 2006 17:28 UTC

Elinore,

    Just this year we purchased a Canon MS-300 system. We have been very
satisfied with its performance in reading/printing and scanning. As
someone else noted, the Capture Perfect software is not "stellar" but
Adobe Photoshop can be used instead if you want to edit the scans more.
Most students don't care to make the effort, though. CP seems to work
well enough. We have our machine networked to the library's existing
printers so I can't comment on Canon's printers. Make sure you have a
local company/distributor to go to when purchasing. Having someone close
by to ask questions is very useful too.

Best Regards,

Robert Weaver
Serials Librarian
Liberty University
434-592-3358
rweaver@liberty.edu

--------

Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 17:10:43 -0500

From: Elinore Krell <ekrell@MAIL.EPFL.NET>

Subject: Microfilm reader-printers

We are a large public library looking into purchasing new microfilm
reader-printers that have scanning capabilities. Many of our patrons do
genealogical research using the microfilm newspapers we have on file. We
would appreciate any feedback, good or bad, that other libraries have
had with this type of equipment and the companies that handle it.

Thank you,

Elinore Krell

Periodicals Dept.

Enoch Pratt Free Library