Re: New record for Admin and Pol in Mental Health.... Chris Blackman 31 May 2006 14:15 UTC

Re:  OCLC #16149653, LCCN 89646596 for the print

It seems that the CONSER cataloger decided that this addition (after the
first 5 words of the title) did not represent a change in subject matter
or meaning, and so does not constitute a major change. You can see that
a 246 "$i Vols. for 2006- have title: $a Administration and policy in
mental health and mental health services research" was added for the
variant and a 780 was added showing that the title Mental Health
Services Research was absorbed.

I would think that you could also make a case that this variation does
constitute a change in subject matter, but I believe that the rules now
say to lean toward NOT making a new record when you have doubt about
whether something constitutes a major change.

Chris

Christine W. Blackman
Catalog Librarian
Williams College Libraries