Re: Link Resolvers Dan Lester 19 Jun 2006 18:08 UTC

JMK> Currently our library does not have a link resolver and we are in the
JMK> process of trying to pick one.  We have narrowed it to EBSCO, Serials
JMK> Solutions or SFX, however are willing to look at others.  Our ILS is
JMK> Innovative, we currently use Serials Solutions for our A-Z list and
JMK> EBSCO for our print journals.

JMK> What link resolver do you use?

Boise State is very happy with TDNet for the A-Z list, the built in
notification feature, and the TOUR link resolver.

Personally, I'm not sure there is a big difference in them, as the
basic functionality is as a "cross reference service".  It all depends
on the quality of the data provided, whether by you or by the vendor.
So the real questions are how frequently the vendor updates the data,
and how frequently you do so.  With any given product, do you have the
ability to update things yourself, or do you have to rely on someone
else?

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan@RiverOfData.com 208-283-7711
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA