Re: PlainZix RE: [SERIALST] Institutional versus personal subscriptio ns Skwor, Jeanette 01 Jun 2006 16:35 UTC

In this scenario, why not contact the organization/pub, explain the
situation, and ask them?

That would answer the question and at the same time, avoid the problem
of getting each issue individually delivered to the library by the
donee.

Generally speaking, I also was of the opinion it is illegal for
libraries to have journals donated by those who pay an individual rate.
This discussion is really interesting, though - why journals & not
books/newspapers etc?  And how is it that anyone (as far as I know) can
donate to libraries that have suffered disasters (Hurricane Katrina) or
those in poor areas of the world, if not country?

Good food for thought.

Jeanette L. Skwor
Cofrin Library
University of WI-Green Bay
(920) 465-2670

"Libraries will get you through times of no money better than money will
get you through times of no libraries."
                              Anne Herbert, The Whole Earth Catalog