Re: IET manufacturing engineer - title change? Steven C Shadle 30 Jun 2006 23:10 UTC

I agree with Beth up to a point.  If there was ambiguous typography or
presentation and/or if the change were not presented in other sources
(specifically the masthead/publication statement) then I think Beth's
suggestion of "At head of title" is a great solution.  However, if there
was a clear decision made on the part of the publisher (reflected in a
publisher statement and/or consistent presentation of what is clearly a
changed title), then I think the cataloger would have been hard-pressed to
not consider the change to be a title change.

And remember, according to pre-2002 rules, issuing bodies added to the
beginning of titles were considered title changes.  So if the presentation
were not ambiguous (which is hard to tell without piece in hand), then we
would actually have three records for the title in question.

Steve Shadle/Serials Access Librarian  *****  shadle@u.washington.edu
University of Washington Libraries      ***     Phone: (206) 685-3983
Seattle, WA 98195-2900                   *        Fax: (206) 543-0854