Re: IET manufacturing engineer - title change?(fwd) John Radencich 03 Jul 2006 15:23 UTC

     Well I couldn't get access to the journal beyond the table of
contents and all I could see on the opening screen was a thumbnail image
of the print cover, but at least based on that you can make a case for
using the "at head of title" option.  However, I still would need more
to say for sure, especially if you are cataloging the print.  So for the
print I would withhold judgment, based on what little I could get out of
the link given.
    However, the table of contents for the online has the title without
the initials.  Since I generally catalog my onlines based on the table
of contents for the earliest issue, I would give the title without the
initials.  Still I'm reluctant to say for sure, as I don't have online
access to the text and I would need that to feel comfortable I have the
issue as the publisher intends us to have it.  (If I had both print and
online, of course, I would catalog according to the print.)
    So all in all the best I want to say is the matter is inconclusive,
but probably in favor of considering the title to be "Manufacturing
engineer," without the initials.

John Radencich
Library-Cataloging Dept.
Florida International University