Re: Electronics World Virginia Taffurelli 26 Jul 2006 19:34 UTC

Greetings, all.

Lois Zens questioned the lack on enumeration in the current issue of
Electronics world.  Please see the publisher's immediate response to my
message below.  This is a great example of publishers' positive response to
requests from libraries.  We've seen several good examples of this
recently.

Dear Virginia,
The volume number for this year should be 112 not 113. This was a mistake
on part of our previous designer, which has correctly been changed.
We wanted to drop the numbering as our readers do not seem to bother with
it, but after a few libraries called us we will reinstate it in our next
issue.
I hope this helps.
Best regards,
Svetlana

-----Original Message-----
From: vtaffurelli@nypl.org [mailto:vtaffurelli@nypl.org]
Sent: Wed 7/26/2006 1:25 PM
To: Svetlana Josifovska
Subject: Electronics world enumeration

Good morning, Ms. Josifovska.

The June 2006 issue of the above title announces that the next issue will
be published with a new look.  The enumeration of this issue (vol. 113, no.
1842) appears on both the spine and the contents page.  The cover of the
July 2006 issue does indeed look different.  The enumeration of this issue
however appears only on the spine, but incorrectly (vol. 112, no. 1843 --
should be vol. 113).  We just received the August 2006 issue which does not
include any enumeration.  Is this a printer's error or will all future
issues lack enumeration?

Please advise.  We will need to update our checkin records accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

Virginia Taffurelli
Head of Technical Processing
Science, Industry and Business Library