Serials Vendor Use vs. Direct Buying SERIALST Moderator 07 Jul 2006 15:41 UTC

Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 07:57:33 -0500
From: Judith Wurtzler <wurtzler@uwplatt.edu>
Subject: Re: SERIALST Digest - 5 Jul 2006 to 6 Jul 2006 (#2006-142)

Pamela,
We use a serials vendor and are very happy with the
service.  If we didn't use a vendor, we'd need to have
another staff position to do all of the work that our
vendor does for us right now.  Our current budget
situation is so tight that we have lost one staff
position and the majority of our student worker budget,
so using a serials vendor is the only way that we're
able to function adequately.

Judy Wurtzler
Karrmann Library
UW-Platteville