Re: changing vendors Rachel 11 Jul 2006 08:20 UTC

Thanks to everyone who replied. I think I have enough ammunition now to try
and persuade her.
Rachel
----- Original Message -----
From: "Rachel" <rachelb@MACAM.AC.IL>
To: <SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU>
Sent: Sunday, July 09, 2006 3:44 PM
Subject: [SERIALST] changing vendors

Dear Librarians
What do other serial librarians think about frequently changing vendors.
Last year we transferred all our subscriptions to one vendor (130 journals).
This year my boss insisted I get an estimate from another vendor to see who
was cheaper and either play one off the other or to simply jump boat and
change vendors again!.
What good reasons can I give her as to why this is not a good idea other
than items that never turn up or double issues. For her, the financial
aspect is the only issue! . There is actually quite a substantial
difference.I have insisted that she first negotiate with our present vendor
which she has agreed to do.
Thanks for any insights

Rachel Ben-Eliezer
Serials Librarian and Interlibrary Loan Services
DAVID YELLIN COLLEGE OF EDUCATION LIBRARY
POB 3578
Jerusalem 91035
ISRAEL
Tel: 02-6558180