Re: Taylor & Francis, Haworth, and pages per volume SHORE,J 13 Jul 2006 20:36 UTC

I think we're leaning a little heavy on T & F here. They
did announce these changes here on Serialst by means of a
message from Ashleigh Bell with Subject: Change in print
frequency for selected T&F journals, posted to this
discussion list on 1/17/06. That announcement was followed
by some back and forth that included links to
http://www.tandf.co.uk/libsite/print_less.pdf
The pdf lists the titles and provided information ahead of
time on which online issues were going to be combined into
which print issues.

As far as I'm concerned, T & F did everything they could
to tell us what to expect (as Jeanette asked for). The
only thing I don't like was the combination pattern for
Inhalation Toxicology. All other titles have an equal
number of online issues being combined in each print issue
(i.e. 9 online become 3 print, 12 online become 4 print,
etc). For Inhalation Toxicology, they combine 14 online
issues into 4 print issues so we can't predict a print
issue for every 3 online issues. That said, the rest were
very straight forward.

While my ideas are my own and only my own, I will list my
affiliation as usual.
J.

J. Shore
Systems Librarian - MEDLINE Quality Assurance
National Library of Medicine
Bethesda, MD, USA
shorej@cablespeed.com