Re: Taylor & Francis, Haworth, and pages per volume SERIALST Moderator 13 Jul 2006 22:23 UTC

Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 16:17:34 -0500
From: "Pennington, Buddy D." <penningtonb@umkc.edu>
Subject: RE: [SERIALST] Taylor & Francis, Haworth, and pages per volume

Below is a copy of the list from Ashleigh's 1/18/2006 email to
LIBLICENSE-L:

Analytical Letters, 15 online issues and 5 print issues per volume.

Chemical Engineering Communications, 12 online issues and 4 print issues

  per volume.

Combustion Science & Technology, 12 online issues and 4 print issues per

  volume.

Communications in Partial Differential Equations, 12 online issues and 4

  print issues per volume.

Drying Technology, 12 online issues and 4 print issues per volume.

Energy Sources Part A: Recovery, Utilization and Environmental Effects,

  16 online issues and 4 print issues per volume.

Energy Sources Part B: Energy, Ecomonics & Planning, 4 online issues and

  1 print issue per volume.

Geomicrobiology Journal, 8 online issues and 2 print issues per volume.

Inhalation Toxicology, 14 online issues and 4 print issues per volume.

International Journal of Polymeric Materials, 12 online issues and 4

  print issues per volume.

Journal of Adhesion, 12 online issues and 4 print issues per volume.

Journal of Carbohydrate Chemistry, 9 online issues and 3 print issues

  per volume.

Journal of Liquid Chromatography and Related Technologies, 20 online

  issues and 5 print issues per volume.

Journal of Toxicology & Environmental Health Part A: Current Issues, 24

  online issues and 12 print issues per volume.

Journal of Toxicology & Environmental Health Part B: Critical Reviews, 6

  online issues and 3 print issues per volume.

Materials & Manufacturing Processes, 8 online issues and 4 print issues

  per volume.

Pediatric Hematology & Oncology, 8 online issues and 2 print issues per

  volume.

Separation & Purification Reviews, 4 online issues and 2 print issues

  per volume.

Soft Materials, 4 online issues and 1 print issue per volume.

Statistics - Theory & Methods, 12 online issues and 4 print issues per

  volume.

Synthetic Communications, 24 online issues and 8 print issues per

  volume.

Technology & Engineering, 12 online issues and 4 print issues per

  volume.

Ultrastructural Pathology, 6 online issues and 2 print issues per

  volume.

It is guess work but it looks like it is more manageable than some
frequency changes I've had to deal with (like going from monthly to 8
per year and not knowing what months are skipped, etc.). The print
issues are proportional to the online issues for most of the titles.
Inhalation Toxicology is the only one that appears to present a problem
as it goes from 14 to 4 issues, but I don't imagine it is too difficult
to estimate a quarterly based on a monthly with a couple of extra
issues.

Yes, a pain in the butt this first year.  But it isn't as horrible as it
might have been.  I agree that it would be more re-assuring if they
would include the printing schedules within the print issues but at
least they gave out some warning in advance to prepare for this.  Too
many times, we have to deal with these changes totally after the fact.
I'd take a dozen T&F journals any day over some of the irregulars we try
to corral for our collections.

Buddy Pennington
Serial Acquisitions Librarian
University of Missouri - Kansas City