Re: What would YOU say to this disgruntled patron? Pamela Bruner 26 Aug 2006 12:38 UTC

I heard these comments many times when I was head of serials at the
University of Michigan Graduate Library.  I explained that we were a
research library, and researchers expected the periodicals to be
organized by subject.  I directed them to the undergraduate library,
where they could find a smaller collection of popular titles, in
alphabetical order.  Also, I would hate to have to shift a large
collection each time a title changed!
Pamela Bruner
Head of Serials
Palm Beach County Library System