Re: Haworth journal subscriptions Bill Cohen, Publisher, The Haworth Press, Inc. 11 Sep 2006 18:27 UTC

Victoria:

Thank you for bringing up this serious problem.

Haworth's journal rates and over-all planning are currently under real
revision, but we have not yet time enough to exploit new technologies and
bring the advantages of the internet back to the libraries.  We will be
able to do this after the current subscription year.

1) Our rates will not, after the next season,  exceed budgetary
increases in libraries.

2) We will make every effort to allow each individual library to retain
their existing collection, and consider only new title that are priced low
enough for serious consideration, and where high usage is predicted.  By
"low," I mean under $100 or under $80.

3) We will also be providing *Journal Groups* so that smaller collections
are available at prices equal to, or less than, the budgets available at
each individualized collections, as well as consortia solutions for city,
state, and regional consortia.

For your immediate situation, please contact myself or Mr. Roger Hall,
Senior Vice President
(contact us both, please!)

Bill Cohen, /Publisher & Editor-in-Chief/
The Haworth Press, Inc.
www.HaworthPress.com