Re: Retention of print journals Borchert, Carol Ann 15 Sep 2006 14:59 UTC

We make every effort to maintain an archive of the titles we purchase,
whether online or in print.  If a publisher is able to assure us of
perpetual access (i.e., we pay for a 2006 subscription, and years from
now, we still have access to that 2006 volume), we go ahead and move to
online only.  If the publisher cannot make that assurance, and they are
not archiving through FirstSearch Electronic Collections Online, LOCKSS,
or providing a CD *that we are allowed to load on LOCKSS for our users*,
we keep a print plus online subscription if at all possible.

For more information, you can refer to our libraries' policy 12-403,
E-Journal Management, at
http://www.lib.usf.edu/admin/policy/docs/12-403.pdf under II.f.
(Implementation).

Hope this helps!