Re: Univ. of Chicago Press journals Hutchens, Chad 26 Oct 2006 16:22 UTC

We've been looking at this one closely as well.  I sent an email to the
sales dept. at UCP asking if multiple campus locations (i.e. in other
parts of the state on completely different campuses in Bozeman,
Billings, Havre, and Great Falls) would be covered under the
enterprise-wide license and they said "yes."  It was a very short
message but I do have it in writing so I have to assume they understood
my question.

So Montana State Univ. System is considering pooling its titles for the
time being to see if we can split the cost and share a subscription.

Anyone else taking this approach?

Chad E. Hutchens
Electronic Resources Librarian
Montana State University Libraries
P.O. Box 173320
Bozeman, MT  59717-3320
(406) 994-4313 phone
(406) 994-2851 fax
chutchens@montana.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Sandy Beehler
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 4:11 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Univ. of Chicago Press journals

Are there other libraries out there that are dissatisfied with the
decision at the Univ. of Chicago Press to offer their journals at two
levels of access:   non-Enterprise (1 geog. location & 1 concurrent
user) and Enterprise-wide (unlimited geog. location and unlimited
users)?   Till this shift, we have had multiple-user access to our UCP
journals at our one location.   Now our access will be reduced to 1
user, unless we pay the 30% higher price.   I have written to UCP to ask

them to offer other alternatives (such as 1 geog. location, 3-5 users)
or at least give us some way of knowing how many users are turned away
so we can make an informed decision about paying the higher cost.

--
Sandra A. Beehler
Acquisitions/Collection Development Librarian