Re: El Pais Online subscription Warren, Bill 09 Oct 2006 15:34 UTC

Greetings Tony,

We at Middlebury College have a subscription to the online el País.  The
price per user is EUR80, with a minimum of 10 users required.  There are
progressive discounts: 10% for 10 users, 15% for 11 to 20 users, 20% for
21 to 50 users, etc.  We have 10 users, so our price after the discount is
EUR720 (about $910 at today's exchange rate).

Subscriptions can be set up in two ways:
	1) User name/password.  Each account is linked to the e-mail
address of a designated individual.
	2) IP address-authenticated, allowing access by a designated
number of simultaneous users from within your IP range.  This is the
arrangement we have.

My experience has been that it is nearly impossible to transact business
with the organization through the website.  I would suggest you get in
touch with Beatriz Carrazco (bcarrasco@prisacom.com).  She has been of
tremendous assistance in arranging and renewing our subscription,
registering IP ranges, facilitating payments, etc.  She has always been
very responsive and agreeable.  I have found that it is very helpful to
conduct your correspondence in Spanish (if you are able, obviously).

I hope this information will be useful.  Please feel free to get in touch
with me if you have any questions, or if I can be of further assistance.

Best regards,
~Bill Warren
William Warren
Acquisitions Department