Re: Do you still keep subscription of microfilms of New York Times and Wall Street J. ? KING, LYNNE 14 Nov 2006 21:03 UTC

We canceled all of our microfilm in 2004 and have had no patron
objection that I am aware of.

Lynne King
Highline Community College Library
PO Box 98000 MS 25-5D
Des Moines WA 98198-9800
206 878-3710 Ext. 3235

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Tian Zhang
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 12:04 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
New York Times and Wall Street J. ?

It is time for our library to renew our microfilm subscriptions now. I
just wonder whether the other academic libraries still subscribe the
microfilms of the two newspapers if they are available online from
databases such as ProQuest, which the library subscribes too.

I am thinking of canceling the microfilms which means we will stop the
collection of these two newspapers since they published. I am not sure
this is a correct decision or not. I would appreciate it very much if
you please share with me about your libraries decisions.

Thank you.

Tian X. Zhang

Serials Librarian
St. John's University Library