Re: legacy archives for a one-time payment florence schreibstein 15 Nov 2006 20:36 UTC

Hi,
My experience so far has been that the big publishers are selling their archives as subject collections for one-time fees. They include Elsevier, Wiley, Springer, Oxford University Press and LWW@Ovid The archival years start somewhere in the mid-90's and go back to v. 1.

There may be other society publishers that are selling their archives for a one-time. All I can think of at the moment is the American Society of Clinical Oncology (JCO) besides the American Physiological Society.

florence

On 11/15/2006 at 1:21 PM Barb Dietsch wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>Reading about Nature's archives earlier today made me think that I would
>like to compile a list or folder of publishers who offer their "legacy
>archives" for a one-time payment.
>
>Could you all share with me any publishers that you know of who offer
>legacy archives?  I expect that most are societies such as The American
>Physiological Society who offers their APS Journal Legacy Content
>............"pay once for the perpetual access to the online content
>from all APS journals from 1898 to 1996-1998, depending on the journal."
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>barb
>
>barb dietsch | serials coordinator
>epa library | unc contract staff
>109 tw alexander drive | mail code c267-01
>research triangle park, nc 27711
>phone: 919.541.0726
>fax: 919.541.1405
>dietsch.barbara@epa.gov