Re: Print newsletters moving to web/e-mail Lorraine Hirning 31 Jan 2007 15:09 UTC

Good morning,

We have tended not to renew print newsletters that have moved to email.
There are many, however, that have become password based web-resources but
they  must be authenticated within the Institution. If there is a way in
your catalog to create a link from the catalog record to a "Password Protected
 Electronic Resources page", that page provides the user with the login
and password to the resource. They must, however, be authenticated through
the proxy server before they can reach the page. Of course IP recognition
is preferable but  we have found that this can be a work-around when it is
not available.

Lorraine Hirning
Serials Technician
Athabasca University Library
1 University Drive
Athabasca AB  T9S 3A3

780-675-6265

"Those who dare to dream can make a dream come true"

__
---