Re: JSTOR print backfiles William Shakalis 27 Feb 2007 18:41 UTC

 Our university library has been in process on a multiple year project identifying serials that duplicate
JStor on-line content.

1. Identifying JStor and print overlap
2. updating the serials bibiographic records when JStor content is found available, making JStor linkage
3. Identifying Social Science journals (containing much overlap); updating details to bibliographic record,
    cleaning up bib records, changing Check-in records, etc.
4. Plan was to cancel Social Science print issues, but that action was cancelled when Social Science
    faculty were displeased with the idea, and vetoed it;
5. Continue on to other titles and subject areas
6. Validating that serials with connection to JStor were linked correctly through our EBSCO AtoZ
    locator and link resolver.
   Some academic faculty do not support the cancelling or removal or print serial editions from the library, and moving to all JStor content.

William Shakalis, MLS
Serials Librarian
Ruth A. Haas Library
Western Connecticut State University