Re: Informaworld Diane Johnson 08 Feb 2007 13:33 UTC

Hello Ken,  It's interesting that you mention this.
We have been having a similar problem, but only with public catalog
PCs that patrons and staff don't have to log into.  The browser does
have a time-out feature, and goes back to just an icon, if it has
been open for awhile.  Staff, who log into the campus network with
their own accounts don't have any problems (that I know of) accessing
our Informa content.  I thought it was a local problem.

Here is my communication with our IT staff about this.

"It seems clear that the first time you open the browser icon after
it has timed out, you cannot get access to Informa titles, however,
if you immediately close the browser and open it again you can get
access until the catalog times out and goes back to the icon.  I
don't know what will happen if you have people using it all the time
and it never times out."

Diane

At 05:06 PM 2/7/2007, you wrote:
>I'd just like to mention a problem that I have noticed since getting
>everything set-up in December.  Several times, including just a few
>minutes ago, we lost our access to all of our Informaworld titles.
>Even though we have IP authentication, the only way to "regain" our
>access is to log-in and log out, then everything is fine.  Strange,
>but it seems to work.  Maybe it's just us.
>
>--Ken
>----------
>Ken Siegert
>Acquisitions Assistant
>Electronic Resources & Periodicals / U.S. Documents
>Shadek-Fackenthal Library
>Franklin & Marshall College
>P.O. Box 3003
>Lancaster, PA  17604-3003
>
>Phone -     (717) 291-4219
>Fax -     (717) 291-4160

  Diane Johnson                    Head, Serials Dept.
  Phone:  (585) 245-5597
  Fax: (585) 245-5997              Milne Library SUNY Geneseo, NY   14454
  e-mail: johnsonD@geneseo.edu