Re: Periodical Arrangement Aline Soules 14 Feb 2007 22:01 UTC

No, it hasn't.  In fact, the focus has been more on the shrinking physical
collection.  I envision a day when we don't get any more print periodicals.
We wouldn't spend our time doing anything about the shelf arrangement for the
rest.  We'd be more interested in finding digitized versions and discarding
the remaining physical ones.

Aline Soules
Cal State East Bay
510-885-4596
aline.soules@csueastbay.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Robbin Glaser
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 7:48 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Periodical Arrangement

    I'm working on an article for publication, and it would be very helpful
to get your opinions.  Do you think the rise of online periodical use has
affected, or caused you to rethink, your print periodical arrangement as far
as classification or alphabetizing titles goes?

Thank you!

Robbin Glaser
Technical Services Librarian
Troy University, Dothan