Re: DIRECT LINK FROM SERIALS SOLUTIONS TO OPAC TITLE RECORD Mays, Allison 15 Feb 2007 22:12 UTC

We do this but we use Sirsi. You may need to talk to another Endeavor
library. But if you come up empty, give me a holler and I'll get you in
touch with our systems librarian who handles this. We've had our print
titles included for years. It's extra work but it seems to be worth it.

Is Serials Solutions not able to answer this for you?

Allison P. Mays
Coordinator of Acquisitions & Cataloging
Millsaps College
1701 N. State Street
Jackson, MS 39210
601-974-1083
maysap@millsaps.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Downing Caitlin
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 3:57 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] DIRECT LINK FROM SERIALS SOLUTIONS TO OPAC TITLE
RECORD

Hi Friends:

Is there a library using Serials Solutions to directly link with
specific title records in their Library's OPAC?

We would like to know how to do this. Currently,  when the user searches
for a print title in Serials Solutions, and clicks on the link to the
OPAC,  he is simply taken into the first screen of Webvoyage (we are an
Endeavor customer) where he must perform another search for the
periodical title.  The user is not taken directly into the title record
itself.

If anyone has information on how to make a more direct connection,
please contact me at this email address.

Many thanks!

Caitlin Downing
Doyle Library/ Periodicals Dept.
Santa Rosa Jr. College