Re: subscription services Regina McEneaney 01 Mar 2007 18:11 UTC

We have accounts for 3 separate campus libraries and have used EBSCO for
30 years. Outside of a few minor problems (usually with publishers not
filling claimed issues) I have not had difficulty with EBSCO.  The rep
is the key.

Regina McEneaney
Suffolk Co. Comm. College
Library/TSO
533 College Rd.
Selden, NY.  11784
631-451-4178
mcenear@sunysuffolk.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Swope, Cynthia (NIH/NLM) [E]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 11:21 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU

While I use Swets now, I used Ebsco for eight years and never had any
problems. So much depends on your service rep and the regional office
that handles your account.
When looking for a vendor, ask them who else uses their services in your
area and talk to
those libraries.  I think you can have great luck with a vendor in one
area of the country and terrible in another.  Also, if you think your
problem is your service rep, ask for another one! The vendor will comply
to keep your business.