Re: Sports Illustrated policy Thomas, Susan Elaine 08 Mar 2007 14:28 UTC

I am not sure I understand what you mean by amateurish research.  As
previously noted it has huge research potential in terms of fashion,
fashion design, and definitely pop culture.  Other areas of research
might be marketing, journalism, photography, art, gender and women's
studies, history, psychology, etc.

If Time Warner has elected to change their policy where was the
notification?  I am constantly bombarded with letters and emails
explaining changes in terms of subscriptions and do not recall seeing
anything either from EBSCO or from Time Warner indicating this change.

It seems wrong, definitely very wrong for them to have made this
decision.  It also seems obvious that this was a decision made purely
for profit.  Unfortunately for Time Warner, it appears to be a new form
of publisher censorship.

I think when we subscribed or renewed our subscriptions to this
publication it was under the assumption that we would receive all the
issues published.  Time Warner has noted that they did not send this
particular issue to institutions/organizations that use a subscription
management service and that this is a new policy for them, but have they
provided a reason for the change?  I think we need to push them to state
explicitly why they did this.  It should add fuel to the fire.

Susan E. Thomas
Head of Collection Development
Schurz Library
Indiana University South Bend