FW: Sports Illustrated Cust Serv Response Stephen Clark 08 Mar 2007 20:23 UTC

Moderator's note:  I am including two messages regarding responses received
from the publisher of Sports Illustrated.  I think that this should about do
it for this thread.

Thanks to all of you for participating in this lively discussion.

Cheers,
Stephen Clark
SERIALST Co-Moderator

1)--------------------------------------------------

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Siegert [mailto:ken.siegert@fandm.edu]
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 2:28 PM
To: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
Cc: Ken Siegert
Subject: Fwd: Sports Illustrated Cust Serv Response

I thought some of you might enjoy the response that I just received
from SI (our EBSCO subscription agent laughed).

--Ken

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Sports Illustrated Customer Service <subsvcs@si.customersvc.com>
> Date: March 8, 2007 6:56:49 PM EST
> To: <ken.siegert@fandm.edu>
> Subject: Re: Sports Illustrated Do not provide my e-mail addre ss
> to third parties,Do not contact me with e-mail offers for Time
> Inc,Missed or damaged issues, <<#4587847-8056123#>>
>

> Dear ken.siegert@fandm.edu:
>
> Thank you for contacting SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Customer Service.
>
> We value you as a customer and apologize for the difficulties that
> you have experienced.
>
> We are sorry to hear that you missed the Swimsuit Issue.  We have
> removed the Swimsuit Issue restriction from the renewal order we
> received from EBSCO on November 7, 2005, which will begin with the
> issue dated October 8, 2007.  You should, therefore, receive the
> Swimsuit Issue in 2008.  We do not have control over the orders you
> purchase through agencies.  The orders come to us with the Swimsuit
> Issue restricted.
>
> As regards the 2007 Swimsuit Issue, a replacement has been
> requested, and will be mailed the next business day, supply
> permitting.  We apologize for any inconvenience.
>
> We appreciate this opportunity to be of service.
>
> SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Customer Service
> www.sicustomerservice.com
> _
----------
Ken Siegert
Acquisitions Assistant
Electronic Resources & Periodicals / U.S. Documents
Shadek-Fackenthal Library
Franklin & Marshall College
P.O. Box 3003
Lancaster, PA  17604-3003

Phone -     (717) 291-4219
Fax -     (717) 291-4160

2)-----------------------
From: mwallace@holyfamily.edu
To: wes.si@customersvc.com
Subject: Sports Illustrated Missed or damaged issues,

 On Wed Mar 07 11:08:32 EST 2007 Milda Wallace wrote:

Subject       :  Missed or damaged issues

SubType       :

Comments      :  We have a subscription  for the library through Ebsco.  We
have not received the swimsuit issue for this year.  There is a lot of email
traffic on the List for Serials Librarians about the fact that they have not
received that issue and there is a rumor that SI will not send the swimsuit
issue to libraries.  Can you confirm that rumor?  If true, you may encounter
problems with censorship and discrimination.  Please advise.

Today I called and spoke to Brooke.  She told me that someone had called and
requested that the issue not be sent to our library.  I informed her that no
one had the right to do that.  She said that she would send out the issue
and we should receive it in 7 to 10 days.  We'll see!

I think we should continue to contact SI Customer Services (be sure to have
your account number when you call!)
until they correct this injustice.

Milda

Milda Wallace