Sports Illustrated policy and librarians in the media (2 messages) SERIALST Moderator 09 Mar 2007 22:47 UTC

Two more messages about the Sports Illustrated issue and librarians'
reactions as viewed by the mass media. -bml/ed.

(1)-----------------
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 16:54:16 -0500
From: "Joyce, Kelly" <joyce@hanover.edu>
Subject: note to moderator

I know this is a 'retired' issue, but wanted to pass on that the NYTimes
called me this morning for a brief talk concerning Sports Illustrated
swimsuit issue.  Should be in Business section on Monday.

Maybe they could put a librarian on the cover of next years' swimsuit
issue to placate us - ?

Thanks and sorry to bother.

 - Kelly Joyce
Hanover College
Hanover, IN

(2)--------------------
Date:	Fri, 9 Mar 2007 08:50:16 -0600
From:	Pennington, Buddy D.
Subject:	RE: [SERIALST] RE- Sports Illustrated SwimSuit issue

There was a small story about this in the local Kansas City Star.  Looks
like the story itself came from the LA Times
(http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/nation/16864382.htm).

Buddy Pennington
Serial Acquisitions Librarian
University of Missouri - Kansas City