Long URLS Skwor, Jeanette 16 Mar 2007 13:00 UTC

 Hi, this is not exactly a serials thing, but I was surprised by
Rebecca's concern over the long URL.  What you want in your bag of
tricks, if it's not already there is http://tinyurl.com/  It will turn a
long URL into a short one.  The link Rebecca gives below turns into
http://tinyurl.com/2j5zzq

Jeanette L. Skwor
Cofrin Library, Serials Dept.
UW-Green Bay
2420 Nicolet Drive
Green Bay, WI 54311

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Kemp, Rebecca
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 2:55 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] note re: Catalog/Cataloging Changes and Web 2.0
Functionality: New Directions for Serials

Hi, all- apologies for not including this information in my first post.
If you can't get to the paper via the link I sent, make sure that you
also copy the tail end of the URL into your browser.  The link may be
cut off before the end of the file extension, which is .pdf .

Here is the link again, although it may get cut off again before the end
of the URL:

http://library.uncw.edu/web/faculty/kempr/Kemp-Catalog-Web-2-0-2007-03-1
2.pdf

If this fails, you can get to the paper via my faculty page:

http://library.uncw.edu/web/faculty/kempr/index.html

Thanks to everyone for your interest!

Best,
Rebecca