Re: Sports Illustrated-Updates? Ken Siegert 27 Mar 2007 13:06 UTC

I have been in contact with SI numerous times, and told that the
issue will be sent.  A few days afterwards I receive a postcard, and
each one says something different (and usually opposite of what was
discussed on the phone).  The issue is no longer available, it's
being shipped to you, etc.

So, to answer your question, no swimsuit issue yet.  I'm glad that
it's not just me!

--Ken

On Mar 27, 2007, at 8:56 AM, Melissa Farley wrote:

> Have any of you received the swimsuit edition yet?
>
> On March 8th, our representative at EBSCO was told that the issue
> would be sent to us and would arrive in 7-10 days.  I waited 18
> days and when it didn't come, I asked our representative at EBSCO
> to do a follow-up.  She told me this morning that Time had changed
> their minds yet again and that now I had to call DIRECT to request
> the issue.  She said that their final "official" word is that all
> accounts affected were extended by 2 issues and that you have to
> call the toll-free number on the postcard they should have sent you
> to have it shipped.
>
> I don't think I received any such postcard, but my representative
> had the toll free number.  It is 866-228-1175.  I just called and
> gave them my account number, which I also got from EBSCO.  (They
> asked for my account number or zip code.)
>
> The woman I talked to told me the issue should arrive within 7-10
> days.  She actually said that it would be "resent," and I corrected
> her, saying it would be sent for the first time.  She said
> something like, "Sent, resent, it doesn't matter."  I asked for her
> name or a confirmation number.  I got her name, but there was no
> confirmation
> number.
>
> I'll let you all know if we receive the issue.  In the meantime,
> have any of you gotten yours?
>
> -Melissa Farley
>
> --
> ********************************
>
>         Melissa Farley
>   Library Technical Assistant
> Irvine Sullivan Ingram Library
>   University of West Georgia
>      Carrollton, GA 30118
>
>         (678) 839-6498
>       mfarley@westga.edu
>
> ********************************

Ken Siegert
Acquisitions Assistant
Electronic Resources & Periodicals / U.S. Documents
Shadek-Fackenthal Library
Franklin & Marshall College
P.O. Box 3003
Lancaster, PA  17604-3003