Re: recycling bound journals Dena Luce 30 Mar 2007 17:57 UTC

Lucy, we use Mount Scrap, a local recycling company, for all of our
recycling needs.  We simply remove the hard covers (which are trashed)
and they take everything else. We don't even have to remove staples from
loose issues. They simply send them to a different recycling process.
You might want to check with your local companies to see if they do the
same.

Dena Luce, M.L.S.
Extended Services Librarian
Faulkner University
5345 Atlanta Hwy.
Montgomery, AL 36109
(334) 386-7482 ph.
(334) 386-7481 fax
dluce@faulkner.edu

"A smile is the light in your window that tells others that there is a
caring, sharing person inside."

~ Denis Waitley ~

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Lucy Crews
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2007 12:47 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] recycling bound journals

We are preparing for a major journal removal project - space driven,
unfortunately.

We are in Staunton, Virginia, Shenandoah Valley.

Does anyone in our area know a company that would recycle bound journals
?

We hope to sell, give away, or recycle rather than just send these to
the dump.  Unfortunately, a lot are JSTOR titles which regular backfile
dealers no longer want.

Thanks for any suggestions from the local libraries.

Lucy A. Crews
Catalog / Serials Librarian
Grafton Library
Mary Baldwin College
Staunton, Virginia   24401
Ph : 540-887-7088
Fax : 540-887-7297
Email: LCREWS@MBC.EDU

Access, Service, Knowledge :  ASK@Grafton Library

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.