Re: recycling bound journals Lori Rotterman 30 Mar 2007 18:03 UTC

You might try some of the various libraries which were devastated by
Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, in coastal areas of Texas, Louisiana, or
Mississippi.
Many of them lost major amounts of their collections of all types of
materials. They can buy current items to rebuild their collections, but
older editions would be harder for them to find, and they might be
thrilled to receive these items.

Lori Rotterman
Serials Clerk
Dayton Metro Library
215 E. Third Street
Dayton, OH 45402
937-496-8682
fax 937-496-4305
lrotterman@daytonmetrolibrary.org

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Lucy Crews
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2007 1:47 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] recycling bound journals

We are preparing for a major journal removal project - space driven,
unfortunately.

We are in Staunton, Virginia, Shenandoah Valley.

Does anyone in our area know a company that would recycle bound journals
?

We hope to sell, give away, or recycle rather than just send these to
the
dump.  Unfortunately, a lot are JSTOR titles which regular backfile
dealers
no longer want.

Thanks for any suggestions from the local libraries.

Lucy A. Crews
Catalog / Serials Librarian
Grafton Library
Mary Baldwin College