Re: Sports Illustrated policy Tian Zhang 07 Mar 2007 16:57 UTC

Anyhow, we are not a public library, and we are academic library. But we
did not get that particular issue only. We claimed it as soon as we got
no 8. But until today, we did not receive no 7 that we claimed for.

Tian X. Zhang

Head of Serials Department
St. John's University Library
8000 Utopia Parkway
Queens, NY 11439
Tel. 718 990-5082
Fax 718 990-5938

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Joyce, Kelly
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 11:39 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] Sports Illustrated policy

Well....  just finished my phone call and was told:
"Your institution was flagged as a 'public institution' and so was not
sent this issue.  There have been too many complaints from doctors'
offices and other public places that this issue isn't acceptable there,
so we won't be sending it,"

When I told them I thought we could handle it and that we're a private
college, not a public institution, I got the line about they've run out
of copies and will extend for 2 issues.

I imagine they're going to get slammed for this one...

 - Kelly Joyce