Re: OCLC eSerials Holding Service Laura Vogler 25 Apr 2007 18:12 UTC

We are currently using the OCLC's eSerials Holdings Service.  We use
EBSCO's A-to-Z service to manage our electronic holdings.  It was a
fairly painless process to set up.  They upload our records from EBSCO
once a month then we get an email from OCLC letting us know our records
have been updated.  In OCLC you will only see your school's holdings
symbol.  There are no local holdings attached.  It is a help to have our
holding's symbol on electronic resources - it is nice for the patrons as
well as the interlibrary loan department.

Beyond setting it up, I haven't had much interaction with the system.
It is a fairly painless, behind-the-scenes type of service.

Regards,

Laura

--

Laura Vogler