Re: OCLC eSerials Holding Service Barbara Pope 25 Apr 2007 18:42 UTC

We also use the eSerials system and Serials Solutions to manage our
electronic holdings.  I think the eSerials service is a great idea and
gives greater visibility to electronic journals.  The one thing I wish
they would change is to link to our catalog, A to Z List, or Article
Linker to actually access the holdings.  Serials Solutions does not use
the OCLC number in the 001 field of the marc record, but instead a
number they created.  OCLC is trying to link on the OCLC number, instead
of the issn.  If a patron or our ILL staff clicks on libraries that own
item in the record, they get to a page in our catalog that says we don't
have the journal.  This is a little bit confusing.  We have called
Serials Solutions and OCLC multiple times to try to find some solution,
but seem to be at a stand still.  If anyone has an ideas, I am all ears.

Thanks.

Barbara Pope, MALS
Reference/Periodicals Librarian
Axe Library