Re: LRTS - one might expect better Horn, Marguerite E. 26 Apr 2007 13:21 UTC

Oh, would that we could nominate it for "snake in the Grass" -- but the
Worst Serial Title Change of the Year Award (and committee) were put to
rest in 2005 ... at least put to rest by ALA (any takers out there for
starting it up again? -- it did start as the personal mission of David
Taylor)

http://www.ala.org/ala/alctscontent/serialssection/serialscomm/worstseri
altitle/2005.htm

Maggie Horn,
the former chair of the committee which awarded the last full set of
medals, Toronto, 2003
...and the presider (sniff!) over the last ceremony

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Kira Barnes
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 3:30 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] LRTS - one might expect better

--- "Holzapfel, Arabella" <holzapfe@MIDDLEBURY.EDU>
wrote:
  If anyone out there
> can offer explicit guidance regarding how to check
> this issue in, I would be grateful.  Meanwhile, can
> we nominate this for the "Snake in the Grass" award?

Arabella,

You might want to contact Peggy Johnson and ask her
(though maybe not about the "Snake in the Grass"
part). This link is to her contact info page:
http://www.lib.umn.edu/about/profiles/m-john.html
Please share your answer with the list. Our library
has not yet received the issue in question, so we too
will need to know what the deal is with the volume
numbering.

Kira

Kira Barnes
Metadata & Cataloging Librarian