FW: question about journal title: European educational researcher Kemp, Rebecca 24 May 2007 13:56 UTC

FYI, to anyone who is looking for citations from the title European
educational researcher (OCLC# 51004090).  Per Roger Osborn-King at
Symposium Journals, it is no longer available online (there are broken
links in the OCLC record and Ulrich's.)

--Rebecca

Rebecca Kemp
Serials Supervisor Librarian
W.M. Randall Library
University of North Carolina Wilmington
601 S. College Rd.
Wilmington, NC 28403
Phone: (910)962-7220
Fax: (910)962-3078
kempr@uncw.edu

----- Original Message -----
-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Osborn-King [mailto:rok@symposium-journals.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 3:55 AM
To: Kemp, Rebecca
Subject: Re: question about journal title: European educational
researcher

Hi, I have a question for you: I have found a record in WorldCat, a
bibliographic database, that identifies the journal title _European
educational researcher_ as having been published from Vol. 5, no. 1
(Sept. 1999)-v. 6, no. 3 (Dec. 2000).  Its URL was listed as
http://www.eera.ac.uk/publications/eer/.  This URL no longer works, and
I cannot find any web presence for this journal.  Is this journal still
available somewhere on the web?  We have a patron who would like an
article from it, and we are at a loss as to how to find it.

I understand that the title of this journal changed to European
Educational Research Journal, but there are no backfiles for this
journal online from before 2002.

Hello Rebecca

'European Educational Researcher' was once published irregularly by the
European Educational Research Association (EERA), when it was more of a
newsletter with occasional articles than anything resembling a journal.
It
had already effectively ceased when in 2002 we started EERA's official
online-only journal, the EUROPEAN EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH JOURNAL
(www.wwwords.co.uk/EERJ), as from Volume 1 Number 1.

It was never clear to me why 'European Educational Researcher' existed,
or
who read it, or even how anyone got hold of it. It's not as if it was a
normal society publication sent to members, and perhaps also sold
commercially, since neither really happened. EERA has only 17 members -
being the national educational research societies of the major European
countries; its annual conference draws about 1500 attendees and it is
those - plus library subscribers - who get access to the new journal.

Anyway, to answer your question: to the best of my knowledge, all
physical
copies (the URL you mention will almost certainly have provided
information
not content) vanished some long while ago.

Perhaps the authors could help you?

Section des sciences de l'education
University of Geneva
40 Boulevard Pont d'Arve
CH-1211 GENEVA 4
Switzerland
rita.hofstetter@pse.unige.ch
bernard.schneuwly@pse.unige.ch

Good luck!  Best wishes - Roger

SYMPOSIUM JOURNALS - Roger Osborn-King -
PO Box 204, Didcot, Oxford OX11 9ZQ, United Kingdom
rok@symposium-journals.co.uk     Tel: +44 (0)1235 817 956
Fax: +44 (0)1235 817 275      Skype: roger.osborn.king
Check out www.symposium-journals.co.uk for the contents
of our journals, with abstracts and full texts of all articles,
instructions for contributors, together with complete
editorial, bibliographical and subscription information.

A division of wwwords Ltd  - www.wwwords.co.uk