How does anyone out there deal with password authenticated online content? Irma Nicola 26 May 2007 16:52 UTC

From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of SERIALST automatic digest
system
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 8:00 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: SERIALST Digest - 23 May 2007 to 24 May 2007 (#2007-108)

Topics of the day:

  1. CONSER standard record (2)
  2. replacement value
  3. FW: question about journal title: European educational researcher
  4. CONSER Standard Record
  5. Did someone loose bound volume International Studio 1929??

Date:    Wed, 23 May 2007 17:10:43 -0400
From:    Hank Young <WilYoun@UFLIB.UFL.EDU>
Subject: Re: CONSER standard record

The University of Florida will begin on the 1st of next month.

Of course, the only thing we *have* to change is the coding of the 362
field.  Other than this doing what we have already done meets or exceeds
the new standard.

Hank Young
Cataloger
University of Florida

Date:    Wed, 23 May 2007 17:47:57 -0500
From:    Anne Giffey <agiffey@KNOX.EDU>
Subject: replacement value

A patron has lost our circulating copy of the poetry magazine "Sonnet
Sequences" - we had bound and circulating as a monograph (years
1955-1958).  I am in search of a replacement price, not necessarily a
replacement.  I have searched Absolute Backorder, to no avail.  Does
anyone have an idea of where to find serial replacement values,
especially for older volumes?

Thank you.

--
Anne Giffey, 309-341-7483
agiffey@knox.edu

------------------------------

Date:    Thu, 24 May 2007 05:34:51 -0700
From:    Steven C Shadle <shadle@U.WASHINGTON.EDU>

> Is there any library that is already cataloguing according to CONSER
> standard record principle?

My understanding is that the National Library of Medicine (NLM) and the
National Agricultural Library (NAL) have already implemented on a test
basis.

Steve Shadle/Serials Access Librarian  *****  shadle@u.washington.edu
University of Washington Libraries      ***     Phone: (206) 685-3983
Seattle, WA 98195-2900                   *        Fax: (206) 543-0854

------------------------------

Date:    Thu, 24 May 2007 09:56:53 -0400
From:    "Kemp, Rebecca" <kempr@UNCW.EDU>
Subject: FW: question about journal title: European educational
researcher

FYI, to anyone who is looking for citations from the title European
educational researcher (OCLC# 51004090).  Per Roger Osborn-King at
Symposium Journals, it is no longer available online (there are broken
links in the OCLC record and Ulrich's.)

--Rebecca

Rebecca Kemp
Serials Supervisor Librarian
W.M. Randall Library
University of North Carolina Wilmington
601 S. College Rd.
Wilmington, NC 28403
Phone: (910)962-7220
Fax: (910)962-3078
kempr@uncw.edu

Date:    Thu, 24 May 2007 11:15:52 -0400
From:    Eleanor Cook <cookei@APPSTATE.EDU>

I would also like to know the answer to this - AND
If it be great if CONSER catalogers who have been working on the
development of this would summarize both concerns and benefits they see
with the CONSER Standard record. A number of us who work in non-CONSER
institutions have been awaiting the Standard Record and were
disappointed when it was delayed.
Thanks,
Eleanor Cook

--

Eleanor I. Cook
Serials Coordinator & Professor

Date:    Thu, 24 May 2007 11:51:13 -0500
From:    "Coffey, Sue" <sue.coffey@MWSU.EDU>
Subject: Did someone loose bound volume International Studio 1929??

MY ILL department received v. 93 1929 of International Studio from a
library in California.  It has our original property stamp on it.  We
disposed of this title years ago.  If this is your volume please email
me and I will send the volume to you.

Thanks,

Sue

=20

Sue Coffey

Serials Librarian

Moffett Library

Midwestern State University

3410 Taft

Wichita Falls, TX 76308

=20

=20

sue.coffey@mwsu.edu

940-397-4173

Fax 940-397-4689

=20

End of SERIALST Digest - 23 May 2007 to 24 May 2007 (#2007-108)