Re: Serials with no ISSN Mykie Howard 15 Jun 2007 15:13 UTC

ISSN has nothing to do with copyright.  You do not have to pay a copyright
fee unless you want to register your journal for copyright.  You
automatically have copyright, but you ever wanted to take someone to court
due to infringement, you'd need to have a copyright registration on file.
It's up to you.  HOWEVER, you still need to send your journal in for
mandatory deposit.  It's required by the law.  For further info, check this
out: http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ62.html#mandatory.  The address for
madatory deposits is:

Library of Congress
Register of Copyrights
attn: 407 Deposits
101 Independence Avenue SE
Washington, DC 20559-6000

Mykie
(used to work in the Copyright Acq. Division at LC)

Mykie Howard
Serials Librarian
Morehead State University
Camden-Carroll Library