Re: Patient Care numbering update Regina Reynolds 29 Jun 2007 12:15 UTC

I am happy to report a decision from Advanstar that starting with the July
issue, they will sequentially number each issue.  July will begin with
number 14. Patient Care remains a single serial.

The separately subtitled issues were not really sections because there was
not a commitment to continue publishing the same sections
consistently.  Rather, some sections may be published only once, while
others may be repeated and still others may appear.  Given this lack of
stable sections, we concluded that there was still only one serial and
thus a consecutive numbering scheme would allow check-in and would allow a
library to know if they were missing an issue.  I also encouraged the
publisher to communicate  (when they knew) how many issues would come out
in one year. The publisher has issued a message to subscribers about the
change in numbering.

Understandably, the confusion about this publication resulted in some OCLC
records that we will ask be deleted since there is still only one serial.

Regina  R. Reynolds                     email: rrey@loc.gov
Head, National Serials Data Program     voice: (202) 707-6379
Library of Congress                     fax    (202) 707-6333
101 Independence Avenue, S.E.           ISSN Web page: lcweb.loc.gov/issn/
Washington, D.C. 20540-4160