Re: Newspapers Janet Bjork 07 Jun 2007 14:37 UTC

We check in newspapers using the Millennium III Serials module. For some
newspapers, like the New York Times, we have separate title records for
sections such as the New York Times Book Review. However, we do not have
checkin cards for the sections and we only checkin at the record for the
complete paper.

Janet M. Bjork
Serials/Depository Librarian
Jenks Library
Gordon College
Wenham, MA
Phone: 978-867-4345
janet.bjork@gordon.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Kathryn Dalius
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2007 8:17 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] Newspapers

I would be very interested in knowing how you process newspapers at your
library.  Do you check in. & if so, what system does your library use
(e.g.
SIRSI, etc.)

If you do NOT check in, how do you keep track of your holdings?
Anything
else you care to share would be appreciated.

Kathryn A. Dalius
Library Technical Assistant Serials
Information Services and Resources

Bertrand Library / Bucknell University