Re: CDS contact at Library of Congress Skwor, Jeanette 14 Jun 2007 12:52 UTC

May I suggest everyone having a problem with this (and it sounds like
there are a goodly amount of you) contact your state congress people?

They control the purse strings, they know - or can find out easily
enough - the desk the Buck Stops Here sign is on, and IME, are generally
very helpful.  This is not something that can be fixed overnight, I'm
sure, but it surely sounds like it needs attention.

Jeanette L. Skwor
Cofrin Library, Serials Dept.
UW-Green Bay
2420 Nicolet Drive
Green Bay, WI 54311

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Kim Maxwell
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 3:27 PM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] CDS contact at Library of Congress

I can't even get to the stage of getting the renewal, never mind trying
to actual send it in.  So no, I'm not using any kind of paper mail.
This is strictly a fax thing, using a credit card, and I still couldn't
get the renewal to be processed.

Sad to hear that Linda Jarmy left CDS, although probably a good move for
her.  She was helpful when I talked to her in the past, though clearly
had too much work for one person to do.

I have tried talking to staff at the LC booth at ALA before as well.  So
far, no one there has been able to do anything except be sympathetic.

Kim