Re: Are Journals in JSTOR Current Serials? Gibbons, Dennis 23 Aug 2007 14:20 UTC

The instructions for line 26 of the 2003 Academic Libraries Survey
stated: "Do not count the titles included in full-text article databases
such as Lexis-Nexis, ABI/INFORM." One assumes this still pertains though
not explicitly stated.

--Dennis

Dennis Gibbons
Collection Development Librarian
Texas Christian University       Phone: 817-257-7312
TCU Box 298400                    Fax:     817-257-7282
Fort Worth, TX 76129              E-mail: d.gibbons@tcu.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum
[mailto:SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU] On Behalf Of Eduardo Gil
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 8:21 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: Re: [SERIALST] Are Journals in JSTOR Current Serials?

Do any of you count active (current) subscriptions if available through
aggregate databases such as Infotrac, Academic Search Premier.  Up to
now I've only been counting ("official count") those serials/journals
that are the real thing, ex., Project muse titles, Science Direct,
Springer etc.

Eduardo