Re: YBP and serials Aline Soules 23 Aug 2007 17:15 UTC

We get our standing orders from Coutts and handle monographs only through
YBP.

aline

Aline Soules
Cal State East Bay
510-885-4596
aline.soules@csueastbay.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: SERIALST: Serials in Libraries Discussion Forum on behalf of Lin,
Selina S
Sent: Tue 8/21/2007 10:15 AM
To: SERIALST@LIST.UVM.EDU
Subject: [SERIALST] YBP and serials

	Here at University of Iowa, we are about to acquire shelf-ready
service from YBP. They will treat ALL individual volumes as monographs,
including those that are part of serials and sets.
	While our standing orders for serials are exempted from this
service, and so still within our control, there will be non-standing
order serials volumes randomly selected by our bibliographers and
therefore supplied by YBP as books. In other words, there will be
separate bib records for Title A, 2007 (or vol. 1), Title A, 2008 (or v.
2), and so on.
	It appears that YBP offers no option to exclude individual
serials volumes from monographic treatment. What are other YBP customers
dealing with this situation? Are people happy about this? If not, what
alternatives are available? Any advice is welcome and much appreciated.

      Selina Lin
 	University of Iowa