Re: Electronic Serials - Title changes John Lucas 23 Aug 2007 21:23 UTC
Hello Cynthia and All,

I just got off the phone with our E-journal managent system (TDNet) about this exact same problem.  Also don't forget to add HighWire to that growing list.

We are going to have to stress to the E-journal systems providers AND the Publishers that as more titles are becoming electronic and backfiles are coming online, Latest entry does not work when the 'Information Seeker' has the specific article which is under Journal of ..... when it has changed many years letter to Current Opinion in ... and does not know to go to Current ...

Of course, then the publisher breaks his files so that changes almost never correspond to the title change
AGGGGH!!!

Automation was going to put us out of a job.  (Sure it will !)

Just my $ .002 worth,

With Best Regards,

John Lucas

Serials Librarian
University of Mississippi Medical Center
2500 North State St
Jackson, MS 39216-4505

(PH) (601) 984-1277
(FAX)  ( 601) 984-4569
JLUCAS@ROWLAND.UMSMED.EDU
>>> Andrea Serra <anserra@VASSAR.EDU> 8/23/2007 3:29 PM >>>
Cynthia,

I have noticed and this is causing me an extreme amount of frustration as I struggle to download and catalog all the Blackwell titles in the package we've just purchased. I too am curious to see how others are handling this.

Andrea Serra
Library Assistant, Electronic Resources
Vassar College Libraries
Technical Services, Box 20
124 Raymond Avenue
Poughkeepsie, NY 12604-0020
anserra@vassar.edu Tel.  845.437.5773
Fax. 845.437.5864

At 03:47 PM 8/23/2007, you wrote:
>Please excuse cross-postings.
>
>*-----------------------------------------------------------
>
>Hello,
>
>I am wondering if anyone else is has noticed that the electronic >version of title changes are not listed separately on publisher's >websites?  I have noticed on several publisher's websites >(Blackwell, Springer, etc.) that title changes show up under the >most recent title of that serial, so that the previous title is >buried and is not listed separately.  Does anyone know why the >titles are being clumped together and not being listed >separately?  This is becoming an increasing issue because as we link >to our e-journal collection from our e-journal list.
>
>If you have noticed this - how are you handling it?
>
>Any information anyone can provide would be helpful.
>
>Thanks,
>Cindy
>
>Cynthia L. Koman
>Serials Librarian
>Schaffer Library of Health Sciences
>Albany Medical College
>email:  komanc@mail.amc.edu >phone:  518-262-6058

>CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments may contain
>confidential information that is protected by law and is for the
>sole use of the individuals or entities to which it is addressed.
>If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by
>replying to this email and destroying all copies of the
>communication and attachments. Further use, disclosure, copying,
>distribution of, or reliance upon the contents of this email and
>attachments is strictly prohibited. To contact Albany Medical
>Center, or for a copy of our privacy practices, please visit us on
>the Internet at www.amc.edu.

Individuals who have received this information in error or are not authorized to receive it must promptly return or dispose of the information and notify the sender. Those individuals are hereby notified that they are strictly prohibited from reviewing, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing or using this information in any way.